Your bedroom should be a relaxing oasis to retreat to at the end of a long day, with the addition of a fireplace for a warm and cozy atmosphere. Whether it is used to bring additional heat into your space or just for aesthetics, this stylish detail will add a fabulous focal point. No matter the season, a fireplace will elevate your bedroom.
There are so many different styles to select from, whether it be sleek surrounds to detailed stonework, or even elegant marble. A mantel is a great option for personalizing your space with your favorite decor pieces. When the holidays come around, you can decorate your mantel with some of your favorite pieces to celebrate the seasons.
Have a look below for some fabulous inspiration to see how a fireplace can create an intimate and relaxing environment for your bedroom. Below each image are further details with links to the designers.
Tell Us: Which one of these bedroom fireplace ideas most inspired you and why in the Comments below!
See Also: 28 Extremely Cozy Fireplace Reading Nooks For Curling Up In
1. The wall paint color of this dreamy bedroom is North Star SW 6246 – Sherwin-Williams. The beams are real, and faux painted to appear as though they are rustic wood. All of the bedding is from Yves Delorme. The chandelier is from an antique store and was refurbished. There is a manufacturer called Schonbek that makes some that look like this. For the custom-designed fireplace, the interior border is by Walker Zanger, along with the chocolate bar liner and chair rail molding used to finish the edges. The French doors are by a company called Architectural Traditions. On the oak floors, the stain is called Jacobean by Minwax. This room is about 20″ x 30″. (via Anna Lisa Avelar Interior Design)
2. This bedroom oasis features a wonderful indoor/outdoor connection. A vaulted ceiling and wall of glazing invite natural light inside. A fireplace and a private exit into the garden provide an idyllic respite after a long day. The wall paint color is Benjamin Moore HC 167, Amherst Gray flat. The ceiling and wall trim is Pure White by Sherwin Williams SW 7005. The floors are 5 Inch solid white oak hardwood, with an antique brown stain by Durafil. The rug is from HD Buttercup. On the brick fireplace, a semi-gloss finish. This room is 18″-4″ X 15′-0″. (via Zieba Builders)
3. For this romantic bedroom in a home in Arizona, the walls are finished with an integral colored plaster. The tone is a warm sand tone that adds a lot of warmth to the room. The headboard is an antique purchased in France. The room is 17’x22″ and the ceiling height at the beam is approximately 11′-0″. See the rest of this fabulous home tour here: Stunning French provincial home in Paradise Valley. (via Higgins Architects)
4. The wall and ceiling colors of this beautiful bedroom are Pratt and Lambert 14-31 Antique White, and all trim is Pratt and Lambert 27-32 Seeded Pearl. The reading nook is approximately 5′ long x 30″ deep. The windows are manufactured by Kolbe. The Regency fireplace is made by Sparks. Natural gas is the fuel source. The niche above was framed for a future tv with wiring behind the niche. The wood floors are a custom “French oak” in an 8″ wide plank. (via DD Ford Construction)
5. This gorgeous bedroom in Woodside, California features a custom bed and nightstands along with plenty of warmth from the wood beams and flooring. On the wall, the leather suspended round accent mirrors are made by Arteriors Home. The fireplace surround is Sheetrock. The mantel is a true reclaimed barn beam sourced from Vintage Timberworks, located in Temecula, CA. The door/window manufacturer is Bonelli. (via Fiorella Design)
6. A beautiful bedroom with an adjacent sitting room. The bench is from Setting the Space in Plymouth, MA. The exquisite chandelier is the Cyan Design Davinci 6 Light 27″ Wide Taper Candle Chandelier, Persian White. The fireplace is custom made using are antique bricks. (via Gabriel Builders)
7. This light-filled contemporary bedroom in Brentwood, California features light wood flooring, a fireplace that spans the wall with a TV above it, a floor-to-ceiling stone surround, white walls, and a wall of glass that leads out to a private patio. (via Corr Contemporary Homes)
8. A beautiful farmhouse-style home in Scottsdale, Arizona features graceful lines and warm elegance. Hand-painted wood beams on the ceiling and dark wood flooring bring warmth to the white backdrop. The artwork above the fireplace serves as the inspiration for the color scheme of this warm and inviting space. The black framing around the windows brings contrast to the white walls. ( via Jaimee Rose Interiors)
9. In a gorgeous Connecticut farmhouse, the bedroom walls and ceiling are painted in Benjamin Moore Acadia White, while the trim is Benjamin Moore Sag Harbor Gray. The mantle and trim of the fireplace are painted in Sag Harbor Gray HC-95 | Benjamin Moore, from their collection of Historical colors. The hooked rug is from Woodard & Greenstein, in the Wallingford pattern. The chandelier and the wall sconces were sourced from Classic Lighting Devices in East Hampton, CT. The room is 16′-8″ wide x 19′ long x 15′ high. See the rest of this amazing home here: Charming antique farmhouse gets refreshing update in rural Connecticut. (Haver & Skolnick Architects)
10. This bedroom features cozy earth tones that are inspired by nature. A wonderful indoor/outdoor connection is established through thermally insulated sliding pocket door systems by Jada Windows. See the rest of this absolutely spectacular home tour here: Small woodsy cabin features a cozy farmhouse style in Napa Valley. (via Jennifer Robin Interiors)
11. A warm and welcoming farmhouse bedroom in Houston, Texas features a barn wood ceiling. An elegant chandelier, sconces, and mirror above the fireplace add a touch of glamor to this rustic space. A warm fur throw on the bed brings texture and warmth for those cool nights. (via The Reclaimed Wood Shop)
12. This modern farmhouse bedroom in Arizona offers cozy warmth with a layering of textures. The fireplace serves as a focal point to the space, with floor-to-ceiling stacked stone and a wood mantel. The textural pendant light adds contrast, along with the chunky throw on the bed and the patterned area rug. ( via Jaimee Rose Interiors)
13. A romantic bedroom of a home in Phoenix, Arizona features a serene color palette of whites and grays. A concrete fireplace adds a focal point and warmth for cool desert evenings during the wintertime. French doors flank either side of the fireplace and lead out to the backyard. (via Two Hawks Design and Development)
14. The wall paint color of this bedroom oasis is Woodlawn Blue HC-147 | Benjamin Moore, Matt Finish. The ceiling is Cotton Balls OC-122 | Benjamin Moore, Super Satin finish. The floral panels above the fireplace are Bloom Design by Modular Arts. Blaze Fireplaces of Northern California did the fireplace installation. The room is 20X20. See the rest of this incredibly inspiring home tour here: Inviting modern farmhouse with vineyard views in Napa Valley. (via TOTAL CONCEPTS)
15. In a beautiful home in Willamette Valley, Oregon, this cozy bedroom features white-washed wood planks with a stone fireplace. The fireplace stone is Columbia Basalt which was locally quarried. See the full home tour here: Classic farmhouse style with a contemporary twist in Willamette Valley. (via Rockefeller Kempel Architects)