A blue and white color scheme for a bathroom will create a soothing “spa-like” design that will help to inspire your next home renovation. White is classic while mixing in a shade of blue brings a touch of elegance. There are a variety of shades that you can select from that will make quite a statement. Blue can be introduced with either paint or wallpaper, which is super trendy right now.
Finish your look with beautiful faucets, sinks, fixtures, and accessories, along with attractive tiles on the wall and floor. A blue and white color palette can fit with any style, whether it be modern, traditional, contemporary, vintage, farmhouse, and many others, or you can mix styles for a bold, eclectic aesthetic. Check out some of the best blue and white bathroom design ideas below, along with sources.
Tell Us: Which one of these blue and white bathroom design ideas do you find most inspiring and why in the Comments below!
1. Shower wall tile: Daltile- Pickets- Matte white, model: CG-PKMTWH7530. Bathroom floor tile: Lili Cement tiles, Tiffany collection, color 3. Plumbing fixtures: Brizo, Litze collection in the brilliance luxe gold. Amerock pulls in the golden champagne finish. Paint: Vanity cabinet- Naval SW 6244 – Sherwin-Williams. Repose Gray SW 7015 – Sherwin-Williams. Door hardware: Emtek C520ROUUS19- Flat Black Round Knob. The Double Bulb Sconce Light was purchased via Etsy, while the gold tipped bulbs for the light fixture are from The Home Depot. Dimensions: 4′-11″ wide by 8′-10″ long. (via Etch Design Group)
2. This bathroom underwent a complete remodel: the tub was relocated under the new tempered window with a new glass shower screen. The toilet was relocated between the tub and the new vanity. The new vanity was enlarged by taking out the wall on its left. The countertop is white Carrara with a pencil edge. On the floor, porcelain tiles that look like hardwood. A similar paint color for the wall of this bathroom is Blue Jean 2062-50 | Benjamin Moore. (via Custom Kitchens by John Wilkins)
3. The mirror was purchased from World Market. The cabinet brand is Oakcraft Elegant Cabinetry. The Shower Wall tile is a 4×16 Subway Tile called White Ice Glossy and the floor tiles are an 8×8 Tile called Kenzzi Zanzibar. Grout: Brand: Prism Grout; Shower: rolling fog #544; Floor: natural gray #09. The tub is the Kohler Sterling All Pro 60×30. The shower head is the Pfister “tenet” Slidebar Mount Hand Shower in Brushed Gold. Paint Details: Ceilings: Dunn Edwards DEW341 – Swiss Coffee, sheen eggshell. Walls: SW 7636 Origami white, sheen eggshell. Cabinets – Sherwin Williams Indigo 6531. (via Mariano & Co.)
4. A Victorian print blue tile with a fabric-like texture was fitted inside the niche of this beautiful bathroom. The blue and white wall tile is from Casa Ceramica Tile Co. The collection is by 14 Ora Italiana Fusion- Blu India they have 4 options. On the floor, wooden effect porcelain tiles. The wall-mounted toilet is from Geberit. (via Ardesia Design)
5. In this beautifully renovated bathroom, an overhead soffit, tile countertops, fluorescent light, and oak cabinetry were removed to create a modern, spa-like bath. The color palette was inspired by the nearby ocean. An expresso-stained vanity it topped with white quartz countertops. Sources: Wall Paint – Tidewater SW 6477 – Sherwin-Williams @ 120% Faucet – Hans Grohe Tub Deck Set – Hans Grohe Sink – Kohler Ceramic Field Tile – Lanka Tile Glass Accent Tile – G&G Tile Shower Floor/Niche Tile – AKDO Floor Tile – Emser Countertops, shower, and tub deck, niche, and pony wall cap – Caesarstone Bathroom Scone – George Kovacs Cabinet Hardware – Atlas Medicine Cabinet – Restoration Hardware. (via Soul Interiors Design)
6. This serene master bathroom addition features a custom dual vanity and walnut rounded mirrors. The plumbing fixtures are by Brizo. Cabinet hardware is from School House Electric. Between the mirrors is a vanity tower that is recessed into the wall to offer additional storage while concealing the outlets. White herringbone tile on the floors mixes beautifully with the white subway tile on the walls. In the shower, white pebble floor tiles. (via Designstiles)
7. This bathroom is used for a powder room and as a guest suite bath. The gorgeous vanity color is New York State of Mind 805 | Benjamin Moore, eggshell finish. The faucet and pulls are polished nickel for that extra soft sparkle in the bathroom. The vanity mirror was custom-made as a medicine cabinet with a mirrored door and latch. (via Dora Brigham Interiors)
8. In this traditional style bathroom, the wallpaper is called Bird & Thistle and is by Brunschwig & Fils. The flooring is by Stone Age, Piedra Plana Extra 600x600cm tiles. The vanity unit is a bespoke piece fabricated by a carpenter. (via Clare Gaskin Interiors)
9. The floor is a 2×2″ Carrara Bianco honed hexagon. The tile on the wall is a 3×6″ Carrara Bianco subway tile, honed. The backsplash tile is Ice Gray Glass Subway Tile. The accent tile near the ceiling is Bianco Carrara mini brick mosaic tile. The Medicine cabinets are made by Robern, from their Metalique series. Similar wall sconces are the Artcraft Contempra, from Macy’s. A similar rectangular vanity mirror can be found on Uttermost. (via Heather Garrett Design)
10. A remodeled bathroom in an original turn-of-the-century Craftsman home. The toilet is Kohler, and the sink is from Barclay. The recessed medicine cabinet was custom-made based on the woodwork that was originally in the home. Restoration Hardware has similar ones. The wall paint color is Mt. Rainier Gray 2129-60 | Benjamin Moore, while the wainscoting is Alabaster OC-129 | Benjamin Moore. This space is approximately 6’x9′. (via Christa Pirl Interiors)
11. This contemporary custom vanity was designed to coordinate with mahogany used throughout the home. The base is about 30″ wide and 30″ tall. The sink is about 20″ wide, purchased from eBay. The custom mirror cabinet sits on the wall and is 1 x 4 mahogany and the mirror floats on top. The slab of marble behind the vanity is a work of art, sourced from New Ravenna. (via Sara Baldwin Design)
12. The paint color on the custom cabinets is Sherwin Williams SW 7605 Gale Force. The countertop is Silestone Blanco Zeus Extreme. The faucets are from Kohler’s artifacts collection in vibrant brushed nickel and the vanity hardware is from Baldwin and is called Hollywood Hills in vintage brass. The wall paint color is Sherwin Williams SW7005 pure white. The floor tile is Bianco Carerra 2″ hex from Arizona Tile. The wall tile is a square glossy ceramic from San Diego Marble and Tile, 6″ square. Wall sconces are Monroe from Savoy House — 20″. Tub: Barclay 66″. (via CM Natural Designs)
13. The bathroom is painted in Summer Shower 2135-60 | Benjamin Moore. The sink is the Kohler K-5980 Sutton utility sink with a Chicago Faucet. The underside of the sink is painted in Benjamin Moore Pale Avocado. The toilet is a Toto Promenade two-piece elongated toilet with a soft-close seat in white. The 3″ hexagonal floor tiles are honed Carrara marble, and the 3″ x 6″ tiles are Calcutta. The tub is manufactured by Sunrise Specialty, model #876: 61″ mini dual clawfoot tub with a continuous rim. (via Hanson Fine Building)
14. This blue and white coastal style powder bath features a bespoke vanity, marble countertop, white Carrara marble basin, chrome hardware, and nautical mirror with bone inlay. (via Lisette Voute Designs)
15. The custom vanity of this bathroom is painted in Blue Note 2129-30 | Benjamin Moore. The hardware was purchased through CB2. The countertop is Caesarstone’s Cloudburst Concrete engineered quartz. The floor tile is from Cle Tile, their Alhambra 8″x8″ in Federal Blue / Nautical Blue / White. The grout is a very dark blue/gray grout by Laticrete. The white wall color is Cool December by Dunn Edwards. Wall sconce is sourced through Wayfair. (via KBG Design)
16. This beautiful contemporary bathroom is serene, calming, and very Zen-like. The wall tile is Old Fashion 2″x4″ by Lunada Bay Tile in Frost Pearl. The vanity was custom made, while the countertop is white quartz from Caesarstone Quartz. The sconces are from Hudson Valley called Nyack. The mirror is a Restoration Hardware Classic Wall Mirror. The floor tile is 12″x 24″ white porcelain in a matte finish for no slip. (via Lauren Jacobsen Interior Design)
17. This exquisite blue and white bathroom features a combination of tile and wallpaper. The wallpaper is Sunburst by Thibaut, while the wall tile is Spa 12 x 24 white gloss. The beautiful vanity is fresh and modern and adds a lot of personality to the bathroom. (via Sandra Cross Interiors)
18. This small, simple bathroom has great colors and very tasteful decor. The color of the paint on the cabinets is Silver Gray SW 0049 – Sherwin-Williams. The paint color on the walls is Sherwin-Williams “gray sky.” The toilet in this bathroom is from DXV — “Fitzgerald” two-piece with an elongated bowl. The white subway tiles are from DalTile. The accent penny tiles and marble basketweave floor tile are through local Minneapolis showrooms (Virginia Tile and Rubble Tile). This bathroom is 68″ (toilet wall) x 84″ (door and/or window wall). The cabinet above the toilet is about 24″ x 36″ and the medicine cabinet is 20″ x 36″. (via i.d. | interior design)